List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: optimizing CopyJob, unconnected signals ?
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-11-14 0:57:59

aleXXX escribi=F3:
> =

> On Sunday 12 November 2000 23:33, David Faure wrote:
> >Ok, good to know. But what about emitting a signal that isn't connecte=
d to
> >anything (as it's the case with copying()). Does that take much time ?=

> >Hmm, I guess it's something in between, since it goes half the way.
> =

> Some more numbers:
> =

> emitting 1.000.000 unconnected signals took 0.35 seconds.
> =

> With cpu under full load (copying a large dir with konqy):
> =

> 1.000.000 signals/slots: 28 seconds
> 1.000.000 functions: 0.3 seconds
> =

> Well, the signals processedFiles() and processedDirs() seem to be used =
only
> internally and could be replaced with direct call to the observer, can =
I do
> it ?
> =

What about using a direct call internally and then leaving the
(now unconnected) signals ? That would take only 0.65 seconds and
allow for that "extra-cool" customization and flexibility. Isn't it ?

Of course, the "update only 20 times per second" solutions
would be ok too.

--
Antonio (always against any kind of slavery)