List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: IMPORTANT:  If you are editing or writing documentation.
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2000-11-02 21:50:58

Michael McBride <mpmcbride7@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I definatly don't want to discourage anyone from trying to improve the
> documentation, all I ask, is that you send your changes to me
> (mpmcbride7@yahoo.com) rather than submit them directly to the CVS.
>
> I will gladly submit your changes, combine them with other changes, make sure
> the translators know there have been changes, submit them to the CVS, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Sounds like a pain for making a small typo fix.

I have a small request regarding KDE Documentation: Is it possible to
pre-generate this documentation for distributed tarballs?  Just like
distributed tarballs already have a configure script, can't the
documentation be pre-generated too?

Just recently I downloaded a KDE2 app (KonCD -- quite useful, btw),
compiled and installed and didn't get any documentation because it's
such a pain to find the updated tools and install them
(ignorance/laziness on my part).  Well, I use Debian and the docu site
pushes RPM which I couldn't quite get to work.  The Debian docu tools
don't work with KDE.

Thanks,
Navin.