List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for admin/acinclude.m4.in to add --enable-mt flag
From:       "Bradley T. Hughes" <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-11-02 11:30:26

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Michael Matz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
>
> > This patch adds --enable-mt to configure, marked as experimental.
> > On Linux, using --enable-mt will enable linking to libqt-mt instead
> > of libqt.
> >
> > Ok to apply ?
>
> Please use the flag "-pthread" in C{XX}FLAGS, instead of -D_REENTRANT, and
> dont add anything to LDFLAGS (-pthread takes care of everything).
> Otherwise OK. (May be it would also be a good idea to test for GCC/GXX
> being "yes").

some versions of gcc don't support the -pthread argument (egcs doesn't i
believe, unless your particular distribution adds it)...

also... i will again voice my opinion that i don't think KDE should be
linked with libqt-mt... if your program isn't a multi threaded program, it
shouldn't be compiled and linked that way... but again that's my opinion
and i can't stop people from following the latest fad

--
Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98B N-0175 Oslo, Norway