List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: X-KDE-NativeMimeType weirdness
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-29 23:57:11

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Sunday 29 October 2000 14:41, you wrote:
> > Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > >
> > > That would probably help a lot.
> > >
> > > Stephan: Would that be possible?
> >
> > No, that wouldn't be possible. And I don't see how it would help.
> > RPMS don't set the date to current either
>
> Ok. Then we just have to rebuild unconditionally whenever we start KDE.
>
> Now that KConfig is up to speed that shouldn't be too bad.

I don't really understand the problem. Files shouldn't get older,
everything
in KDE keeps the time stamp and RPM does too, so you should only get
updates
or new files. If a file didn't change it's time stamp it didn't change
it's
contents either. Do you check for increasing time stamps or at changing?

Greetings, Stephan

--
Frauen und Maenner passen vielleicht nicht zusammen, aber meine
allerschoensten Schrammen habe ich mir bei diesem Duell geholt.