List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Child panels and external taskbar
From:       Matthias Elter <me () ns ! caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-10-29 19:27:23

Hi

I have implemented the kicker extension framework I've been talking about. It comes \
with two demo extensions, an external taskbar and a child panel extension.

Similar to panel applets you can add a panel extension from the panel's RMB menu with \
"Add->Extension->Something".

The external taskbar is a simple external taskbar as requested by many people. I'm \
going to improve the vertical mode to make it use only as much space as required.

The child panels are ... child panels. Add as many as you need. Addind a child panel \
with a taskbar applet is a second way to get an external taskbar for example. I'm \
going to improve them to work in a "corner-only" mode where they wont use the full \
width respective height.

Panel extensions similar to panel applets can be run internal (shared libs) or via a \
proxy process. The child panel extension is an exception to this rule, it works \
internal only.

This is work in progress but stable enought o be used for daily work and for mosfets \
kasbar to be ported to.

Bye,
Matthias