List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why the K-Menu sucks
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2000-10-29 18:39:52

> That's why I suggest to do it like this:
> 'KMail    (EMail Client)'
> 'CoolMail (EMail Client)'
> or to put the description in a tooltip on the menuitem.

Isn't that how it had been done in the past? In the menu, you
see 'Kmail' and the tooltip for it would say 'E-mail Client'. The
category that Kmail would be under and its icon (and the fact
that it has 'mail' in its name) would be good clues as to what
it does, but the extra tooltip would also be helpful. BTW, this
is what at least WinMe does for MS's own programs. When
you roll over Outlook Express, it says 'Sends and recieves e-mail
and newsgroup messages'. If it just said 'E-mail', I would find that
rather vague and uninformative. It's helpful to know programs by
name especially when considering several for the same function.

- Bart