List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why the K-Menu sucks
From:       Stefan Schimanski <sts () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-10-29 11:01:49

Hi,
> Now you got a problem as soon as you want to add a another mail client to
> the menu. Entrioes like "Mail Client 1" and "Mail Client 2" do not make
> sence. True, and one solution would be to add a suffix like "Mail Client
> (KMail)" and "Mail Client (Empath)". A better solution IMHO is to have a
> standard entry which in this case would be "Mail Client" for KMail and add
> optional entries with a suffix like "Mail Client (Empath)" or "Mail CLient
> (Evolution)".

Just an idea: you could also create a submenu with mail clients in this case.
If only one mail client is installed, show it in the top level folder. If
more are installed show them in network/Mail Clients.
Though I'm not sure whether this is more usable, but it will clean up the
menus-that-take-up-the-complete-vertical-screen-space (tm).

Schimmi