List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why the K-Menu sucks
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-10-29 10:45:53

Matthias Elter wrote:

 A better solution IMHO is to have a standard entry which in this case
would be "Mail Client" for KMail and add optional entries with a suffix
like "Mail Client (Empath)" or "Mail CLient (Evolution)".

I don't think it's a good idea to name it with its description, primary.
Have you ever seen a menu item for instance called "Cool Drawing
Application (Photoshop5.5)" on Win32? I don't think so.

But I agree that application names often say nothing about what it
actually is.

That's why I suggest to do it like this:
'KMail    (EMail Client)'
'CoolMail (EMail Client)'

or to put the description in a tooltip on the menuitem.

Bye,
  F@lk