List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: lib unloading again
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-10-27 3:02:36

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > This is a crash on kviewshell dvi
> > > on exit. It all works fine if specify KDE_NOUNLOAD
> >
> > Any special procedure to provoke that crash? I now have viewed different
> > dvi's, played around and noticed no crash.
> >
> It seems to be related to the file dialog as it doesn't
> crash when I open the file with the recent file menu
> (which I've done to test if it's related to lib unloading ;(
> But it crashes very reliable when simply starting, open
> a file dialog, choosing a file and quiting.

Hmm. I still get no crashes. I now clicked on all menu items, on all
buttons in all dialogs... Hmm.

Wait, I just used the keyboard to navigate in the Open-dialog, and as I
pressed return on a .dvi file, I just got this backtrace:

#0  0x40757ceb in QPainter::updatePen () from /opt/qt2/lib/libqt.so.2
#1  0x407ee2e7 in QPainter::setPen () from /opt/qt2/lib/libqt.so.2
#2  0x410d96f1 in glyph::shrunkCharacter () from /opt/kde2/lib/libkdvi.so

Not the one you got, and not on quitting, not related to unloading, but
still... Furthermore now I can't even load a .dvi file directly from
command line. It crashes right away in the same place (even when removing
kviewshellrc and kdvirc). (The cause is an invalid QPixmap) I need to
remove the Zoom=0 entry from kviewerpartrc. Hmm, now it all works again,
and I can't reproduce it even when using keyboard. Strange.

Ciao,
Michael.