List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-26 18:37:34

On Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2000 20:25, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> > This is what is supposed to happen !!!!!
> > The branch was asked by translators. It's mainly for releasing a
> > fully translated version of 2.0.
>
> Not only by translators. Truth is, they saw it as an opportunity to
> do so. And yes, that's a big advantage.

It was the other way around: There were plans for a post release of
translations and improved documentation long before the idea of a full
code branch was announced. Maybe the post release thing even was
somewhat instrumental in creating the branching idea (really don't
know).

> Yes, this is the theory and this is exactly what Harri (and I )
> doubt. In three weeks, HEAD will be significantly less buggy than 2.0
> plus provide some nifty features.

Great -- but we will again have the situation that the new features
will not be fully translated when they are released. And that during
the translation process probably some new problems in the code will be
discovered which need fixes. What will we do then? 2.1.1?

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org