List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-26 18:25:48

On Thursday 26 October 2000 18:25, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Yes, this is the theory and this is exactly what Harri (and I ) doubt. In
> three weeks, HEAD will be significantly less buggy than 2.0 plus provide some
> nifty features.
Ok, but that branch also broke the message freeze. So we can't release it
within three weeks, because it will be somewhat broken for all non-english users.

Besides, if we release 2.1 before 2.0.1., we'll spend all our time explaining why :-)

> Reading doesn't mean agreeing with everything. Agreements don't mean they
> cannot be adjusted to reality later.
Sure. Sorry - just thought it was misinformation.

> As long as some people take care of integrating the real show stopper / crash
> fixes from HEAD to 2.0, that's fine with me.

I'd prefer if every developer that fixes a showstopper does it, instead of
relying on "some people". But such a commit needs to be reviewed and approved,
or obvious, and shouldn't risk to introduce more instability somewhere else.

>Anyway, we might consider releasing a 2.1 based on HEAD earlier than planned.
Even if planned == December ?

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/