List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       Harri Porten <harri () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-26 16:39:27

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Thursday 26 October 2000 00:49, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > Who of you guys actually checked out the 2.0 branch and intend to do bug
> > fixes in both branches?
>
> I have kdelibs of the 2.0 branch checked out but I don't expect to do much
> bugfixing in that branch. (Unless it's a matter of adding "m_cacheId = 0;")

Well, such a little fix can have immense positive consequences already
:)

Seriously, I strongly urge everyone to target at a new release *soon*.
No matter if it's called 2.0.1 or 2.1.

With the current rate of bug reports coming it's no great fun to be
listed in Maintainers or being subsribed to kde mailing lists (or hang
out on #kde). Unsubsribing or filtering to /dev/null is no option for me
as I *want* to improve the quality. If we wait until March or whatever
we'll have a ridiculous bad SNR of bug reports (thousands of
distribution users reporting 2.0 being fixed in the CVS for a long time
already).

It's probably not a secret if I admit that I'd been very happy if we
hadn't branched yet. IIRC Linus waits for x.x.1 releases first as well
:P

Harri.