List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: replace KDOC with Doxygen after 2.0 (fwd)
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-10-23 9:46:59

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:

> Peter Putzer escribió:
> >

> > > - Can we force people to use the java doc syntax? I think
> > > we should.
> >
> > Why? Actually I find the "LaTex" ("\command") syntax easier to read, but
> > that's just a preference.
> >

> Peter, can you do a short description of the difference in the
> "commands" ? (I've only used @p, @ref, @version, @author and a little
> more)

There are many more in doxygen. The syntax difference ist just
superficial, namely the use of "\" as a command prefix instead of "@". But
as both are valid for doxygen, we can easily standardize on one or the
other.

> > > - Can we force people to keep their docs in the header files
> > > not in the .cpp?
> >
> > You can't do that now. If I choose to document something in the .cpp (not
> > that I would, but just in theory), who's there to stop me?
> >

> Does that mean that Doxygen doesn't allow having the docs in the
> header files ?
>
> > Among others: nice inheritance/use graphs, better support for documenting
> > enums, easy implementation docs (source-browser, ...)
> >
> > http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/features.html#features
>
> Can you provide better a link to an already generated example
> documentation from the KDE sources ? That way it would be better
> to compare.

I will once I've done it. I tried once on KSysV sources, but that was some
time ago, and I never put those files on the web.

> I'm in the same position than Richard here, I don't see any need
> to change what is not broken unless it gives much better features.

I understand that opinion, but I'm convinced that doxygen is the better
tool. I'll try to prove it later ;)

bye,
Peter