List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Dekstop shortcuts
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       2000-10-19 16:48:55

On Thursday 19 October 2000 17:31, David Faure wrote:

> >Right :-)
> >
> >> If the latter, you have to work around it differently :
> >>
> >> Make it a Type=Application desktop file, with
> >> Exec=konqueror --profile webbrowsing <url>
> >
> >Thanks.
> >It's a pity though that it can only be done like that. But truly, I can't
> >think of the simple way to do this via simple drag&drop.
> >
> >Just a thought : maybe having a "Link as a web page" item in the drop menu
> > ?
>
> I think what you want is that instead of :
>
> http:// -> webbrowsing
> Anything else -> file management
>
> the logic becomes :
>
> http:// or *.html -> webbrowsing
> Anything else -> file management
>
> I've been wondering myself about that already :)
>
> The reason for not doing it was that from a local .html file, one
> could want to go to a local directory... but, well, not really a reason :)
> Should I change it to the second logic ?

I think that if you for example are already browsing file system and you
encounter the html file, then the konqy should keep file-management as a view
mode.
Or it could skip to the web-browsing when selecting file-management and when
the user presses back, it would change mode back to file-management. ( if it
is possible ).

	Matt

--
Matt Koss