List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: HEAD openend
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-19 16:21:24

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> Navindra Umanee wrote:

> > > ah, so its not 6 months, its 5 months. much better :->
> > >
> > > What about a release around christmas?
> >
> > I *strongly* agree!  2.1 doesn't have to be perfect, only better.
> > Let's not let get too carried away just yet.
>
> A 2.1 around christmas is completely unrealistic.
> This would mean that we would have to start beta-testing in
> four weeks already.

It would be a lot easier this time because the release would
only include kdelibs and kdebase. If we can keep the changes
in these packages down to a minimum then we should be ok. We
can use a shorter release cycle for a relatively small update
like this.

Mostly what we need next is a slew of application that use the
2.0 feature set properly. The forthcoming update to kdevelop
should help a lot because it will have templates for xmlgui
apps, designer support etc.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk