On Thursday 19 October 2000 16:23, Stephan Kulow wrote: (...) > Right. I see some things pending, we couldn't make for KDE 2.0 > The taskbar outside of the panel, k[xi]kb, mosfet's and some > other stuff. This all requires bigger changes here and there, > but we're not going to change the framework. I would even say > we can release a 2.1 beta quite soon. But we shouldn't make > the same mistake again and discuss about translation freezes > when the source is ready to be released. > Take it - there are still over 4000 bugs open and there will > come more. If you release for 80 fixed a release, you're going > to kill many's people time because a release takes a lot of > resources. > > If Dirk says he wants to support bleeding edge users for khtml, > that's fine - after all khtml's API is rather well defined to > the outside of KDE, so it should be exchangable like we exchange > a Qt version. I think Matthias Ettrich's idea of a "fixed" feature todo list for 2.1 is= =20 very good. As we want to avoid changing the framework for 2.1 everybody=20 should get his ideas for larger changes approved before hacking them into= =20 HEAD. Bye, Matthias -- Matthias Elter me@kde.org me@caldera.de