List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n freeze ?
From:       Matthias Elter <me () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-10-19 13:32:17

On Thursday 19 October 2000 12:46, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 19 Okt 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > >From what I understood, 2.0.1 is 2.0 with crash fixes and improved
> >
> > translations/documentation. So better don't add any new stuff there
> > and concentrate on making 2.1 even better without any freeze (beside
> > binary compatiblity - don't know :)
>
> Hmm. does that mean I have to submit every khtml fix in KDE_2_0_BRANCH and
> HEAD ?

No! The KDE_2_0_BRANCH will remain under message freeze. HEAD branch will be
openend for feature commits and messages later today. If for some reason you
think you have to updated/fix a message in KDE_2_0_BRANCH, ask on
kde-i18n-doc fopr permission first.

Speaking of bug fixes, KDE_2_0_BRANCH is intended for ciritcal bugs only. If
you however _want_ to have your khtml fixes in HEAD and the 2.0.1 release,
feel free to backport them from HEAD to KDE_2_0_BRANCH. But it is _not_
required. It _is_ required however to port all fixes you commit to
KDE_2_0_BRANCH to HEAD.

Bye,
Matthias

--