List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n freeze ?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-19 10:57:01

On Don, 19 Okt 2000, David Faure wrote:

> Yes, please stick to binary AND source compatibility for kdelibs (*)
> (as well as what I call "behaviour" compatibility). A KDE 2.0 application
> must run fine on top of kdelibs 2.1.

I didn't ask the other khtml/kjs/kjava developers yet, but how is khtml
affected by that?
Given a impressive userbase of khtml and given that we receive an incredibly
high amount of duplicate bugreports for khtml (maybe doublicates on the same
URL, but often different urls which show the same bug on different
webpages. users have difficulties to realize that) I'd rather like to be
able to release updated versions of it every 3-4 weeks, at least until we
reach a certain kind of stability.

any comments on how to make this fit into our release plans?

We have no infra structure for releasing kdelibs separate from the other
modules, so this can cause quite a few problems.. (i.e. the "KDE version" is
defined by #defines in kapp.h header file)

Dirk