List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kcminit
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-17 15:07:00

David Faure wrote:
> >as written a few days ago, I have a problem since about Oct. 6. That w=
as
> >the last KDE2 build I have that ran correcly on my laptop, all later
> >versions including today=B4s cause my X-server to crash completely so =
> >have to reset the machine. I played with startkde and found it=B4s kcm=
init
> >who causes the trouble. Have there been some changes between Oct. 6 on=

> >that that may be responsible for it ?
> The energy saving module crash has been fixed. Did you try with the cur=
rent CVS ?
Yes, compiled last night. The crash happens since after Oct. 6th so
there must be something in the fix that causes more a problem than
before. =

I played with the configuration settings and *disabled* monitor energy
saving setting causes the crash. So the energy control module must have
a bad error.

I=B4m willing to help finding it as the next user will play with kcontrol=

on the systems we get that crash and will be in trouble to explain
why...

Ralf
-- =

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org