List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    SOLVED [Re: Kwin grave problem]
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-17 12:59:30

Tuesday 17 October 2000 02:03 wrote Antonio Larrosa:

> > Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> > Hello Matthias and list,
> >
> > Press Ctrl and then press alternatively, randomly and very fast F1, F2,
> > F3 and F4.
> >
> > Kwin will stop managing some windows in those desktops (first visual
> > effect is that the windows
> > lose their borders althought there are more important ones).
> >
> > I've tried to debug it but I've not found any solution nor know why is
> > this happening.

Your patch would break heaps of other Antonio. I did some work on the issue
and I think it's working fine now. Fix is in the CVS.

The desktop switching used to be one of my standard tests, not recently,
though. The improved visiblity handling in Qt-2.x was responsible that the
bug showed up again.

I had to change quite some stuff in kwin to get this working again. Please
test it thorougly.

Matthias