List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    A ton of sh*t ;-)
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-17 0:39:40

Okay, well it looks like KDE2 is going to packagers...

Has the CVS been marked yet? If not when will it be? I want to integrate
the stuff I have been doing into CVS, then I'll release experimental
tarballs with the new stuff. I would prefer this to forking, which was
my previous plan ;-)

This includes:

1) The new KWin style. Matthias and I both think it's cooler (we've been
going over the code), but evidently it's too late for KDE2.0. Very well,
but I want to get it into CVS ASAP.

2) KWM compatible enhancements including separate active/inactive
configurations.

3) New widget style stuff. Extended color schemes are ready, as well as
the new highcolor style. This is very cool stuff and extends
configurable colors significantly on highcolor displays. You can do neat
things like select separate colors for menubars, toolbars, scrollbar
buttons and sliders, etc... Also, this is what I actually work on and
maintain.

Includes an expanded KControl color scheme module.

4) Misc. KWin client enhancements such as mouse over for ModSystem, and
individual color selection for each of the buttons.

5) A new pixie.

The new widget theme engine still isn't done, but I'll commit it as soon
as the CVS is tagged for the 2.1 release - it won't cause bin
incompatibility with apps. Neither will it work very well, but is much
better than either the current theme engine or GTK themes.

Let me know when, and I will commit!