List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: KView not working right with transparent gifs
From:       Matthias Kretz <madMatt () Kretz ! dyn ! ns1 ! net>
Date:       2000-10-16 19:40:09

On  Monday 16 October 2000 12:21, David Faure wrote:
> On Dimanche 15 Octobre 2000 19:00, Matthias Kretz wrote :
> >>KView used to not redraw the Background when updating the picture,
> >
> >that's why transparent images showed some weird stuff sometimes. So
> > I made it redraw the background every time which results in a
> > flicker when the view gets updated.
> >Is there a way to recognize whether an image uses transparent pixels
> > so that the redraw is only being done when needed?
>
> BTW, kfile's preview widget has the same problem
> (try insert picture in kpresenter, and click on various pngs from the
> KDE icon set). Transparent images overwrite each other, leading to
> quite a mess :)

Any ideas to solve this without flicker? Or at least a way for the
program to test whether a QPixmap uses transparent pixels? That way
only transparent images would have to get their background redrawn.

While I'm at the topic of KView:
What are the plans for that program? Does it make any sense if I work
on it to get it up to date (make the save function work properly (it's
only producing bmps), make it a KUniqueApplication, get the filters to
work correctly). Or is it going to be replaced anyway? (Pixie?)
If you think KView should live on - I'll work on it, but if not I'll
search for something else I can work on.

	Matt

Matthias Kretz					  Tel: +49 2771 35291
Nassaustr. 40				 Email: MatthiasKretz@gmx.net
35683 Dillenburg			    madMatt@Kretz.dyn.ns1.net
Germany					    http://www.madMatt.de.vu/