List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE tarballs released to the packagers
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-10-16 14:15:08

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 03:12:13PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > The tarballs are done and have been released to the packagers.
> >
> > - HEAD is not open for feature commits, yet
> > - The KDE_2_0_BRANCH based on the KDE_2_0_RELEASE tag for security updates
> > will be created on Thursday.
>
> I assume the other main reason for the 2.0 branch is that it will contain
> the completed documentation, right?

I see this as a good opportunity for us to finish our KDE 2.0
documentation without integrating the description new KDE 2.1 features.

However, we never worked with branches in kde-i18n's documentation.
Could someone explain us with very simple words ;-) how to update and
commit in the three following cases:

A) (most frequent) changes that are common both to KDE 2.0 and KDE 2.1
B) (less frequent) changes that are only in KDE 2.1 or  that is only in
KDE 2.0

Second question, can we commit in kde-i18n between now and Thursday? If
yes, where will our changes go?

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.