List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Release ?
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-10-12 14:34:51

David Faure wrote:

> On Thursday 12 October 2000 12:19, Antonio Larrosa wrote :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I updated my cvs last night at 00:45. There were several things broken
> > since the previous update the day before. Please, if you want
> > to release KDE on monday, _post_ every patch for review !
> >
> > Problems:
> > Kicker doesn't run because of "KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication
> > error!" Kaiman didn't neither, but a recompilation was enough to fix it.
> > kicker didn't work even recompiling.
>
> This error means nothing for a kuniqueapplication, you need to use --nofork
> to see the real error. I guess it was the recent bin incompat changes
> (after KURL, the kicker applets, and after that there was dcop's mainclient....)

Yes, I noticed some of these, removing the configuration
seemed to help in this case.

> > When writing any local directory in Konqueror's location bar (yes, with
> > the keyboard) it doesn't go to that directory but tries to use the
> > internet keywords to open it. For example when writing
> > "file:/home/antonio/info/" (an existing directory) in the location bar,
> > it tries to open :
> >
> > http://navigation.realnames.com/resolver.dll?action=navigation&realname=file%3A/ho \
> > me/antonio/info/&charset=utf-8&providerid=180&fallbackuri=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fq%3D%5C1
> >
> > It's fixed by disabling the internet keywords, but I don't think that's
> > the solution we want to use.
>
> Doesn't happen here. Make sure to update both kdelibs and kdebase,
> there have been some changes.

Recompiling the current cvs seemed to fix it.

But I'm still bothering about other problems that have arised in the
last days.

For example, the high color theme leaves garbage behind the separator in
konsole's toolbar and also around the small arrow used when any toolbar
is too small to show all the buttons (just resize any window with a
toolbar to be very small and you'll see). Btw, garbage in this case is
whatever button would be below the arrow if it would be painted.
Also, the handler in the toolbar location bar flickers whenever I move
the mouse over the eraser button, giving a very bad feeling.
And also, if you open any window, and without resizing nor moving it
click inside the window with alt-rmb (just a single click), then
the window is moved to the top-left corner and resized to something
around 10x10 pixels.

The last one has been broken from always (I've just noticed how to
reproduce it, as it seems to be a problem initializing the size inside
kwin). But the other ones have been broken in the last days.

Yes, I know what I have to do.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez