List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RC2 RPMS - bugs found (may not be specific to the RPM)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-11 13:11:04

On Wednesday 11 October 2000 14:10, George Staikos wrote :
>On Wednesday 11 October 2000 09:02, David Faure wrote:

>> >That fixed it.  Rather non-obvious (although it does make sense).  Thanks.
>>
>> You expected that any time you resize a window it remembers the size ?
>> Might work for a web browser - only application, but not really for
>> konqueror.... And even in a pure web browser, you have to make sure you
>> save the size only on a _manual_ resize, because javascript might pop up a
>> window with a very small size.... Not really a solution IMHO.
>
>   Just used to Netscape I guess.  If the _user_ opens the window (with menu
>or with keystroke), that window's settings are saved automatically.  If not,
>they are not saved.
Ah, didn't know they did it that way.
Well, there is still the case of completely different web site - if one is particularly small
and you resize the window, bingo, the next window will appear very small too... Hmmm.
Settings are always a pain to get right :)

>I also figured if there was a way to save it manually,
>it would be Settings->Save Options....

Yes, I want to get rid of that one (as previously discussed here a little bit)....
IMHO most apps should save toolbar settings automatically, and konqueror
should save them in the profile, with the rest.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/