List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: drkonqi image + konq ideas :)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-10 12:24:22

On Tuesday 10 October 2000 14:02, David Faure wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Oct 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote :
> >On Die, 10 Okt 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> >> 1) the image looks really cool
> >
> >we can use it for drkonqi ;)
>
> Looks like it's the goal, but I find it a bit too agressive (though well
> drawn, that's for sure).

I think aggressive art in KDE is in general a bad idea. However modern people
have become desensitized to graphic depictions of violence, and this image is
not that aggressive, much less so than your average children's cartoon. In
fact it's not really aggressive at all the gear looks indestructible to me
and the only thing the bomb is going to break is itself.

It may not be perfect, but I think it's a definite improvment over giving
Konqi a bad reputation.

> I've seen many bug reports saying "The dragon doctor paid me a visit" or
> stuff like that.
> Instead, it would become "And then a dark bomb about to blow up jumped on
> me, and scared me away" :(

Heh. To be honest the image is a lot less aggressive than my replies to bug
reporters who are wasting my time. (I have extremely high expectations of bug
reporters). Perhaps a picture of a slightly stressed out developer with a
long list of bug reports to deal with would be better :-)

BFN,
Don.

Who thinks asking bug reporters to spend one minute working on their bug
report for every outstanding bug of the same class (for the package they are
submitting a bug report on) isn't a bad idea.