List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: patch: KURL
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-09 22:18:51

On Mon, 09 Okt 2000, David Faure wrote:

> 1 - Why is isValid better than isMalformed ?

its matches the common naming sheme better. we have isValid() everywhere
else.
second also QUrl names it this way. makes it easier for people knowing
QUrl. (the API's are almost the same, except that QUrl is a bit cleaner and
has no support for sub urls).

> 2 -
> -  QString protocol() const { return m_bIsMalformed ? QString::null : m_strProtocol; }
> +  QString protocol() const { return m_strProtocol; }
> This is wrong. A malformed URL is stored into m_strProtocol, so you shouldn't change this line.

Argh. I got confused by the m_strMalformed member variable. that doesn't
seem to be used at all. Grr!

ok, remove that variable as well or better fix the implementation to store
malformed urls in m_strMalformed?

I'd like to do the second because it makes the inline functions more
consistent.

> 3 - Don't remove KURL::filename. There are still lots of apps using it.
> It's really not the right time to break apps, you know.

hmm, I'm currently recompiling complete cvs. up to now nothing broke.

Dirk