List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Showstopper in Konqueror's dirtree
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-10-09 21:23:23

Hi,

More problems with the dirtree (this time, a real showstopper
with loss of data).

Try this (but better try it with a foobar directory and not an
important one :) )
Drag a directory from an iconview to the "Network" item in the dirtree
select "Link" in the "Copy/Move/Link" popup. You're supposed to have
"a link" to the directory in the dirtree, but if you right click on the
directory in the dirtree and select "delete", you'll delete the real
directory instead of the link.

Note that if you try to rename the link (to have a shorter name in the
dirtree, for example), you'll rename the _real_ directory to the link's
new name, and as they're in different directories, your real directory
will be moved to $KDEHOME/share/apps/konqueror/dirtree/

I think that any of the Konqueror's mantainers (Simon ? David ?)
can find a fix for this much faster than me, so I'll leave it here :)

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE core developer