List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Do we need a RC2 (please vote)
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-10-08 20:55:04

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 12:43:59PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > I vote for a RC2 too - and it should be the _definite_ RC. And this
> > time we should release it too :)
>
> I agree with this.  We need a REAL release candidate.  This last one
> wasn't... somebody made a change where know kcminit seg faults on
> startup, for instance.  We need a release candidate where we can say
> "this *will* be KDE 2.0 except for urgent changes".  Period.

I agree with this as well, we need a release candidate. For example, Qt
2.2.0 had a few bugs that were introduced after the last beta. If we had
had a release candidate, at least in qt-copy, those bugs would have been
found before the release.

KDE always made a difference in terms of quality and stability for example
compared to gnome, and I'd like to keep it this way.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer