List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for arts on ppc
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-10-07 20:54:23

   Hi!

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 08:22:37PM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> > Anyway mp3 works, this is more important.
>
> > Ok, we should leave it as it is.
> > Have you tested mpeg I video?
>
> No, I tested some videos (worked fine on my intel) but I could not show
> them on ppc. Must be an old version of xanim or something..
> In other words; I don't have a movie to test.

Please grab an mpeg1 video from somewhere and test it with kaiman. If you
like, you can test artsbuilder, too (there are rather cryptic instructions
in the help file), but after all I know, I expect it to work fine.

And try a *small* wave file, like the KDE startup sound in kaiman, too.

> I have commited the changes.

Well, you could have waited until everybody agreed, but on the other hand,
maybe we were just too slow ;) - in any case, I'd rather see it staying an
inline function, as we get complaints about speed already, and that function
will be called quite often. I think you could just move it to the header
file (it includes config.h already, and seems to be an internal header file).

   Cu... Stefan