List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    patch for arts on ppc
From:       Thomas Capricelli <capricel () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2000-10-06 18:37:25

Hello.

 I'm trying to get arts running on my ppc. I've never managed to use it
yet. The problem is always different, so I haven't spoken here about it until
now.

 The latest problem I've had is : ioctl SNDCTL_DSP_GETCAPS failed. I've
checked the sound driver (dmasound in the linux kernel), and it indeed does not
implement this ioctl.
 By modifying audiosubsys.cc to not quit on this error but rather set
device_caps=0, i've managed to bypass this problem.

 ** I think this should definetly be in the kde2 final **

   and this is harmless

regards,

Thomas