List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2 release schedule update
From:       Francois-Xavier Duranceau <duranceau () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-10-05 20:43:57

Hans Meine wrote:

> > > - February/March 2001 - KDE2 1.1 release.
> ..which seems to be quite late from THAT point of view.
> Maybe we can release kdelibs, kdebase and/or others seperately in binary
> compatible shape more often?

A question comes to my mind. IIRC Waldo said that the packages must stay
backward-compatible. For instance a "released in december kdebase
package" must work properly with kdelibs 2.0. This is ok for the binary
compatibility but how can we handle the "message copatibility"? Does
this mean that no message will be changed/removed/added in kdelibs
between 2.0 and 2.1?

FX
--
Francois-Xavier DURANCEAU