Mon, 02 Okt 2000 wrote Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel: > On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote: > > > Netscape plugin (for example acrobat reader for pdf) works when being used > > over ftp or http. It doesn't work (reproducable) for a pdf file on the local > > machine ( file://bla/blub/foo.pdf). Acrobat Reader starts but only shows an > > error messagebox (something with file not found). > > > > Another thing that bothers me is that the nsplugin swallows the entire > > kwin decoration. The result looks like MDI but behaves rather strangely. > > Netscape has the same bug, I tried to fix it in kwin (that means: hack around > > it in kwin) but failed so far. I have no clue what either netscape or konqueror > > are doing. > > Konqueror doesn't swallow acroread at all. What probably > happens is that you have the xswallow-plugin installed. So > konqueror loads the xswallow plugin, which in turn runs > acroread and swallows the acroread window. So to fix the > decorations, you will have to fix the xswallow plugin. Sure. But do we really have to use this broken plugin for Konqueror? I mean, we can easily swallow acroread ourselves, without any flicker whatsoever. Matthias > > > Bye, > Matthias.