List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE CVS && RH 7.0
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-09-29 19:56:53

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've *heard* on irc that recent KDE CVS doesn't run with RH 7.0
> release. apparently dcopserver just crashes/hangs the machine and thats it.
>
> anybody here to confirm the problem? or even being able to provide a fix for
> it?
>
> I consider this to be a show stopper for 2.0 release...

   Yes.  I have it up and running though.  Here is what you have to do:

screw qt-copy.  use the distributed qt-2.2.0 OR even better, get the RPM
binary from the final beta.

make cvs-clean everywhere

recompile everything

kdemultimedia will not compile - gcc bug
kdemusic will not compile - gcc bug
kdegames will not compile - gcc bug

It takes about twice as long with 2.96.whatever than it did with egcs
2.91.whatever in RH 6.x.

every binary will hang unless it is recompiled from scratch like this.  it
goes into an infinite loop in QApplication, normally.

If you want more info, staikos@yahoo.ca is the only email I can get this
weekend as I'm going to montreal in T-1 hour.

bye!

--

George Staikos