List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: locale setting in startkde
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2000-09-28 12:24:56

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:

> this is a little patch that reads the country and locale information from the
> kdeglobals file and exports the LANG and LC_ALL env vars accordingly.
> I only tested it with German, where it works well. Any comments? Would it be
> a good idea to add it to startkde?

Well, it's wrong. :-)

You can't set LC_ALL to "country" because LC_ALL expects something in the
format lang_ZONE.CHARSET. ZONE is the same as country.

And you can't really use the language and the country because in
some cases it looks like this: no_NY, zh_CN.GB2312, zh_TW.Big5 etc

--
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
          bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org / +47 97651633