List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Koffice translations
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       2000-09-28 12:08:24

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> I'm very disappointed with the lack of communication within this project.
>
> We are in a message freeze for quite some time and most developers try to
> honour that. Breaking half of the KOffice translations without any discussion
> with the translators speaks of an unbelievable amount of arrogance. Perhaps
> KDE is not the right project for these people and they should consider
> working on something which they can do on their own. Appearantly not everyone
> is able to cooperate in a group.
>
> Fuck you too,

Did I tell to fuck you?

I talked to Eric about the issue. The current documentation
in kspread was hardcoded, the code that used it broke,
the examples were wrong. So you prefer shipping broken code and
wrong documentation because of a message freeze?

Then go ahead. And you are right: I seem to be in the wrong place here.
I can get broken software because of release schedules from Microsoft,
too.

I spend some days of my free time with fixing elementary bugs in kspread.
I am sorry that this affected the translations. I taklked with
other about that. It is not true that I did that without asking anybody.

However, regarding that words you have chosen you do not really
deserve any kind of answer.

Bye
Torben