List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: locale setting in startkde
From:       Jacek Stolarczyk <jacek () mer ! chemia ! polsl ! gliwice ! pl>
Date:       2000-09-28 11:53:45

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a little patch that reads the country and locale information from the
> kdeglobals file and exports the LANG and LC_ALL env vars accordingly.
>
> I only tested it with German, where it works well. Any comments? Would it be
> a good idea to add it to startkde?

Not in the current state. My kdeglobals say:
Country = pl
Language = C
the Language setting normally is set to pl

Envirinmental variables should be in a form "pl_PL" not just "pl". And you
need to handle C language (do not set variable then).

Regards,

Jacek Stolarczyk
--
jstolarz@kde.org
Coordinator of Polish translations of KDE