List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH2: Speeding up kconfig.
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-09-27 16:23:37

   Hi!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 05:55:26PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Ok. This version doesn't has any bugs that I know (so if you see something
> that looks wrong to you let me know) and also seems to be binary compatible.
>
> Please give it a good test.

I just upgraded kdelibs and ran my old kconfig benchmark over it, and I
am very impressed. It is another factor of 10 faster than before ;). This
means as total improvement over the completely untuned version, my benchmark
now runs 0.6 instead of 26 seconds. I guess it's the reason why things like
starting konqueror also feel much faster now.

   Cu... Stefan