List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: PATCH: added showDocument in kjava to fix java menus
From:       Dima Rogozin <drogozin () qed ! com>
Date:       2000-09-27 13:37:50

The only problem I see with the patch is that it exposes a lot of KJava
internals
into khtml_part.

Last weekend I tried to do exactly the same. The thing which stopped me
was a trick
in Console code Stephan uses. The original output stream is saved and
used later.
It never worked for me on JDK SUN 1.2.2.
Stephan, could you test it?

In my patch I have created showDocument() and showStatus() signals for
KJavaAppletWidget()
and connected to them in rendering_applet.cpp. Since this object knows
about khtml_part there are no changes in khtml_part code.

I believe khtml_part should be left unchanged. In the future we need to
replace the whole kjava library with standard Java PlugIn. It will fix
all Java problem at once including https support. Keep thin in mind when
you do the patch.

Regards,
Dima.