List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Konsole Segfault
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2000-09-26 19:38:12

Hi,

I have had problems with konsole from the latest build seg-faulting on
any key event.  I have traced it to kapp.cpp, in the method
KApplication::notify(QObject *receiver, QEvent *event).  Several lines
down, on a KeyPress event, the function does a dynamic cast:

  QLineEdit *edit = dynamic_cast<QLineEdit *>(receiver);

The problem is that the receiver is of type TEWidget, which is defined
in kdebase/konsole/include/TEWidget.h as

  class TEWidget : public QFrame

Hence the dynamic cast continually segfaults.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ciao,

Andreas Pour

http://www.kde.com/ :  Everything KDE