List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole w/ --enable-final
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-26 17:43:09

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Werner Trobin wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Currently konsole breaks with --enable-final because
> > TEPty.C #defines _XOPEN_SOURCE (for grantpt() and Cie.)
> > before #including stdlib.h.
> > Of course there are other places (before) where this
> > file is included and therefore defining that symbol in
> > this file doesn't really help ;)
> >
> > My "fix" would be to copy this #if foo #define stuff
> > to every place stdlib gets included, but I'm sure
> > there's a better solution.
> >
> > Coolo? Michael?
>
> Adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to the CPPFLAGS?

No, as I just learned this breaks a _lot_ under Solaris as
the header files don't define any sane default feature if
_XOPEN_SOURCE is defined. Don't ask me why, but that's the
way it is. I didn't follow the thread close enough, but I
don't see why we need the _XOPEN_SOURCE at all - it should
be the default anyway.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.