List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Saving KCompletion items in konqy [Was Re: 9MB konquerorrc]
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-26 15:50:33

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Sven Radej wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a serious although bizarre bug. Midnight checkout, clean build.
>
> I didnīt do anything special I just browsed the web and files.
>
> Suddenly konqueror refused to start, machine started swapping like mad
> until konqueror gave up or (once) X crashed.
>
> I discovered that konquerorrc has grown to fantastic 9.1MB:
> line "CompletionItems=" was 9M characters long; Somewhere in the middle of
> line (it was difficult to inspect it) was a lot of "\\\\\".
>
> If it helps, kdelibs checkout was from  00:22 CET and kdebase about one
> hour later.
>
> bye,

Carsten,

We need to do something about this.  We cannot save all the completion items
from konqy's KCompletion.  And since KCompletion does not keep entry order I
think for now we should stop saving this information and simply load the
items saved by from the combo box or we will otherwise be in trouble...

Regards,
Dawit A.