List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2 release schedule update
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-09-26 11:57:50

KDE2 is fine as an informal name used mainly by developers, but using
"KDE2 1.0" as the official name/version tuple just sucks, please don't do
it.

I agree with the people arguing 1.1.2 was a mistake (and I cast my vote
against that numbering scheme at that time), doing the same again would be
really stupid.

Besides, the argument "it's a complete rewrite, no old code remains" is
simply not true, at least for KSysV, and I guess also for other
applications and maybe even parts of the libs.

regards,
Peter