List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2 release schedule update
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-09-26 11:21:09

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:
e reasons why one should have named it like that,
> > fine too.
>
> I don't get why KDE 1.0 was easier to understand than KDE2 1.0 will be.
> Please explain.

I am not sure easier to understand, but from the packagers point of view kde2
1.0 will be a pain in the ass. Especially making this know so late in the
game.

kde1.1.2 updates cleanly to kde1.94 which updates to kde2.0.x and so on. I
know that I will not be able to make this change prior to the next release of
Mandrake (very short on time), so what will go out is KDE version 1.9x and
the kde 2.0 and so on.

-Chris