List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting khtml to display fonts properly
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-26 10:29:05

#if Lars Knoll

> Your patch looks ok. But I wonder if we shouldn't just move over to
> pixelsizes everywhere in khtml (s/pointSize/pixelSize and
> s/setPointSize/setPixelSize gloabally)? Would that still give correct
> results on xfree-3 and solve everything for xfree-4? If yes, we should go
> that way IMO.

I tried that - it works just fine on XFree86 4, but I don't have 3 to test
it on.

BTW, I changed my copy of html4.css so that it would use the predefined
sizes (xx-large, medium, etc) instead of specifying using 'em' sizes for
H[1-6]. I also removed the other parts of those style specs that specified
hard-coded sizes for margins etc.

This made things work a little more logically here - the _actual_ font
sizes I have chosen are used for H[1-6], instead of relative sizes.

Anyway, again, I didn't know if it was the right thing to do. Here's what
it looks like:

H1 {
  display: block;
  font-size: xx-large;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

H2 {
  display: block;
  font-size: x-large;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

H3 {
  display: block;
  font-size: large;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

H4 {
  display: block;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

H5 {
  display: block;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

H6 {
  display: block;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

No difference between H[4-6] and no 'margin', 'line-height' etc specifiers.
That's why it didn't seem right. I don't know whether the extra 'margin'
things are actually necessary, not being an HTML/CSS guru ;)

Cheers,
Rik