List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KNotify: Crash Prevention Fix
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-23 0:48:08

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Charles Samuels wrote:

> > The following patch prevents KNotify from buggin the user with KCrash, and
> most importantly, will allow knotify to work on a system without a
> functioning artsd.

I suggest not to use your config file for this since this increases the risk
of not working/corrupting it. Instead I would do something like:

close(creat("$HOME/.knotify-nosound));

E.g.:

buf[256];
const char *home = getenv("HOME");
if (!home) return;
if (strlen(home) > 256-20) return;
strcpy(buf, home);
strcat(buf, "/.knotify-nosound);
int fd = creat(buf, 0777);
if (fd >= 0) close(fd);

After all, you are crashing so it's a sort of a wonder if anything works at
all.

Cheers,
Waldo
--