List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Speeding up kconfig.
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-22 15:27:22

On Don, 21 Sep 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> The question is whether we want to change this before 2.0 or after.

I just did the test (no profiling, just pure dumb user test). and I must
say, I'm VERY impressed by the performance boost it makes.

There were a few functions missing to be implemented in the patch, besides
that, it seems to work fine.

there might still be a few performance holes, but they're easy to find then
as we avoid the unicode conversion completely.

IMHO this is a MUST.

Dirk