List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    While we're on the topice of kconfig...
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-09-22 8:49:29

If changes are going to be made, can we implement a method for proper config
file encryption?  Certainly many apps want to store secure information in
config files.   Furthermore, some users may just want to have all of their
configuration encrypted for some reason or another.  It's a bad idea to have
the app developers trying to do this themself.  Now OpenSSL can actually do
some of this, but as was mentioned before, it causes bloat and it would be
bad to link to such a critical area.  The only good way would be to load it
dynamically.  Perhaps there are some other libraries out there that would be
more suited to this anyways.  In any case I think it would be a good idea to
put this in asap.

--

George Staikos