List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RFC: KZoomAction?
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-17 15:31:17

Hi!

After getting a few mails and even bug reports like "Why
can't I set the zoom factor to xyz% in KWord/KIllustrator?"
I thought about calling setEditable(true) on that select
actions. However, this can lead to invalid input and every
app would have to implement some form of error handling.

Therefore I wanted to ask you whether it would be a good
idea to put a KZoomAction in kdeui? It would inherit
KSelectAction and implement some error checking, the user
of that action would also be able to set zoom limits
(i.e. 30%-1000%). Apart from that it would also ensure
a proper layout (i.e. some value and a trailing % char)

What do you think?

--
Werner Trobin - trobin@kde.org