List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail advanced pop? (Re: Linking kdelibs with libqt-mt again)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-16 21:58:04

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, John Birch wrote:
> > I do know that not all of these arguments are good as some of them are
> > untrue. In particular KMail does not stall when retrieving POP mail when
> > an advanced pop account is used, (at least not on any system I know of).
>
> This is what I've wanted for the past 9 months!
>
> What's the difference between pop and advanced pop? The ISP's that I've
> used say they have pop - so not knowing any better, that's what I've
> picked. I'm guessing that's what a lot of other users will do as well.
> Scanning the documentation didn't tell me I could use advanced pop. :(

Normal "pop" is obsolete and will be removed once I'm sure that "advanced
pop" is ready. At that time I will rename "advanced pop" to just "pop". They
use the same standard pop protocol.

In hindsight it would have been better if I had just renamed the original pop
account to "old pop" or something.

> And advanced pop works for me :-) Thanks.

Non-blocking? Cool, I'm glad to hear that.

BFN,
Don.